Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I've been preoccupied...

Hi all,

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post anything in the last few days. My family had an unexpected emergency and it has taken up most of my time.

A tornado hit our town at the end of last week and caused quite a bit of devastation and destruction, resulting in six people's death in our city. While I live in the city and didn't see the damage that others did, my in-laws home was destroyed because of the tornado. So my family and I have been devoting all our extra time to helping them pick through what's left and trying to put the pieces back together. We've been putting in a lot of time with helping them move their things into our home and have begun to help cleaning up the debris and preparing to rebuild.

FEMA, the local chapter of the American Red Cross, the sheriff's department, the fire departments, and all sorts of volunteers have graciously pulled together to help out the communities in this area of Northeast Tennessee which were affected by the tornadoes that moved through last week.

I hope to get back on track in the next few days and share my regular love of all things vintage , rockabilly and pinup with you, so please be patient with me, as my family needs all the help I can offer right now.

What is left of my in-laws home

Just one of many, many houses which were destroyed or demolished in our area

Love,
Crystal