Friday, February 18, 2011

Finding the perfect one...red lipstick, that is!

I am always on the search for the perfect shade of red lipstick. Something about the color and the combination of light skin with a contrasting, dark lip always draws me in. For someone with a light complexion and very dark hair, locating said red lipstick has been tiresome in the past. The shades that I found were either too orange, too little blue undertones, or I simply didn't like the feel of the lipstick. Is it too much for a girl to ask to find a red lipstick that moisturizes, looks good, stays in place, and wears well? Over the years my search led me to ultimately finding Mac's Viva Glam I, which has been my favorite up until now.

I recently purchased and tried out Revlon's Just Bitten lipstain and balm in the shade of Gothic, which is a classic shade of bright red. The stain comes in a handy, all-in-one stick with the lipstain felt-tip applicator at one end and the clear lipbalm at the other end. What I like about this lipstain, besides the beautiful color, is the fact that you can get a pretty precise application with the tip, it contains Vitamin C, is lightweight, and provides protection for a good majority of the day without major touch-ups. I applied it first thing in the morning after getting ready for the day, and only had to do minor touch-ups after eating during the day.

This lipstain has become one of new favorite red lipsticks and I plan on using it indefinitely. The Just Bitten line has several other shades, ranging from pinks, to browns, to red. You can use the lipstain with just one application for lighter coverage, or build up with a few applications for a darker shade, as I typically do (just make sure that you let the lipstain dry for about 30 seconds before applying the balm once you've achieved the darkness you desire).

Please see photos below of the application process that I did.

To view Revlon's Just Bitten line, all the shades that are offered, and information about the formulation of the lipstain, click here.











Coming up soon...a review on Boots No 7 lipstick in Cherry!

Sincerely, Crystal

* I have, in no way, been paid or endorsed by Revlon, nor asked to do a review for their product line. This review is simply my own opinion of the product.