Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Want Wednesday

Wednesdays feature items I've come across lately that I'd love to have, be it vintage couture, household items, a musical selection, a perfectly arranged coiffure, and everything else in between!

I want...

An antique cocktail set for entertaining guests with lavish parties!

I have some plain old glass cosmopolitan glasses, but they aren't vintage and don't have cute little designs on them like these.

1950's Libby cocktail Cosmos dessert cordial glassware set from The Vintage Green

I want...

More vintage clothing that features suspenders.

I only have a few vintage pieces which have suspenders, but I'd love to find some more, especially a pair of shorts and a pair of wide leg trousers, as mine are all just skirts.

1940's/1950's deadstock cotton seersucker high waisted pinup shorts with suspenders from Butch Wax Vintage


I want...

An uber-feminine and completely girly day dress!

I would love to have a cute full circle dress like this with a petticoat or two underneath, preferably one pink and one white!

1940's/1950's vintage day dress from Vintage Blue Moon

I want...

Yet another tattoo.

I'd like to find a mermaid tattoo similar to the ones below to have inked on either the middle of my back where there's still free space, or wrapped around my torso. I think these would work well with the beach and sailor pinup girls I already have on each of my shoulder blades.

Image courtesy of F Yeah Tattoos

Image courtesy of Sweet Ash Thoughts

My first bikini pinup tattoo on my left shoulder blade, which is about 4 years old.

My newest sailor girl pinup which is on my right shoulder blade which is about a year old.


And last, but not least, I want...

To see Adele in concert!

I was so excited to hear that Adele was going to be coming to my area this month, and on my birthday no less! Sadly, I didn't find out until after tickets had already sold out. Unfortunately, she had to cancel the tour due to laryngitis. Maybe I'll be able to catch her again next year!

Image courtesy of Couture Arabesque