Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm back from vacation, rejuvenated and refreshed!

I finally made it back from Myrtle Beach and took a few days off afterwards to just spend time with the family and take it easy. Now that I'm back, I will share some details of my trip and our Independence Day holiday with you!

The weather at the beach was perfect while we were there and it didn't rain a bit. It was even not as humid as I had planned on it being, since I used to live in that area years ago and remember how hot and muggy summers can be there! Our hotel was wonderful and we enjoyed quite a bit of sun, sand, the ocean, and the pool in between shopping and sight-seeing. Dinner the first night was at the wonderful Johnny Rockets inside Broadway at the Beach. We were lucky enough to catch the new Pirates Voyage show which was spectacular as well as see the beautiful Sky Wheel on the boardwalk at 9th Avenue. We took a lovely late-night stroll along the tree-lined and lighted streets inside Market Common and enjoyed the lighted fountains. On our last day there we also made sure to play a round of miniature golf at Captain Hook's, then went to the boardwalk and saw a spectacular fireworks show outside Landshark Bar & Grill. One of the highlights of the trip was getting the chance to shop at American Vintage which is inside Barefoot Landing. I was able to pick up a few items from there that were fabulous! The crowds weren't nearly as bad as I thought they would be and we had a great time. My family and I plan on trying to go back next summer if at all possible.

I hope you enjoy taking a peek at the photos from our trip. Stay tuned for more details, as I've got photos to share from a classic antique car show that we attended before our vacation, as well as some gorgeous vintage and antique finds that I was lucky to come across!


The view from our balcony room

Gage body surfing

Gage in one of the many pools at the hotel

Yours truly and Gage waiting for dinner at Johnny Rockets

Fabulous figurines housed inside American Vintage

A gorgeous classic car inside American Vintage

One of many planes on display inside Market Common

One of many water fountains inside Market Common

Gage playing in the fountain

One of the tree-lined and lighted streets inside Market Common

Captain Hook's ship

The Landshark Bar and Grill

The Sky Wheel at 9th Avenue pier

Preston and Gage celebrating Independence Day

Yours truly caught laughing at something (though I can't remember what)!

Pretty sparkles and lights!
XOXO,
Crystal