Monday, April 11, 2011

My weekend fun: Antiquing, Rollerderby & Biltmore, Oh My!

We had a pretty busy weekend this past Saturday and Sunday, but it was so much fun! The Mr and myself went and did a little antiquing Saturday afternoon in a few great spots in the Jonesborough area, then ate dinner at Chili's, followed by a fun-filled night watching our local Little City Roller Girls take on a double-header between the Star City Roller Girls and the Music City Brawl Stars, of which the LCRG won the first match but fell on the second. No worries, though, as I'm sure they will make a comeback in their next bout! Sunday was even busier when the Mr, myself and the kiddo went to see Biltmore in all its spring-time splendor., something we do each and every year, including seeing the estate in the Summer, Fall and at Christmas time as well. Last, but not least, we rounded out the evening with a fun bike ride in the neighborhood!

Here are a few items that I picked up and/or admired while shopping in the Jonesborough Antique Mart.

Two Post print ads (one cover and one interior) of Jean Harlow that I purchased for $3.00.
I plan on framing them soon.




The reverse side of the Jean Harlow covers. I just love looking at these old Post advertisements!

A Springmaid Fabrics ad that I picked up for $3.00, which I plan to frame.

A Betty Grable "Lux Girl" ad that I picked up for $3.00, which I plan to frame.

A Rita Hayworth "Lustre-Creme" shampoo ad that I picked up for $3.00, which I plan to frame. One of my favorites!


A vintage pair of strap-on roller skates that I was admiring.

A vintage 1954 black silk slip with lace scalloping, (which was only $5.95!) that is in perfect condition!