Friday, April 15, 2011

A Thrifty Adventure for Vintage Finds!

I was recently made aware of a large estate sale being held in my hometown this week, which promised to have all sorts of vintage treasures and antiques, so I took the day off and set out to find some great deals, and I was not disappointed!

At the estate sale, I was lucky enough to nab a beautiful antique gold sitting chair that now looks perfect in my living room, a beautiful perfect-condition 3-tiered candy dish which is now being used as a jewelry holder, two gorgeous vintage dresses, two beautiful and perfect-condition vintage pearl necklaces, a lovely set of vintage gold and pearl earrings, a cute vintage one-piece swimsuit, and a vintage toggle bracelet.

An antique gold sitting chair that I picked up for $15

An antique candy serving 3-tiered tray that I picked up for $5

The tray with some of my vintage jewelry

A vintage black dress that I picked up for $4

A vintage ice blue jacket dress that I picked up for $5

Two sets of vintage pearl necklaces that I picked up for $3 each

Two sets of vintage earrings that I picked up for $3 each

A vintage bathing suit that I picked up for $3

A vintage toggle bracelet that I picked up for $3

Since I was in the bargain-hunting mode and had the rest of the day to use, I set out to peruse the local antique stores in hopes of finding some more treasures. At one of my favorite spots, the Greeneville Antique Market, I picked up two gorgeous vintage cloche hats, a lovely vintage brooch, some beautiful vintage earrings, and a perfect-condition vintage handbag.

A vintage brown felt cloche hat that I picked up for $12

A vintage black straw cloche hat with netting that I picked up for $12

A vintage pair of green earrings that I picked up for $1.40 and a vintage brooch for $3.50

A vintage cream colored handbag that I picked up for $15

At my next stop, which took me to Vintage Decor & More, I found two lovely vintage scarves (one could easily be used as a belt) and another lovely pair of vintage earrings.

A vintage scarf that I picked up for $3

A vintage scarf that I picked up for $3

My last stop at a thrift store proved to be a great success, as I found two gorgeous vintage dresses and a lovely vintage blouse.

A vintage dress that I picked up for $3

A vintage dress that I picked up for $3

A vintage blouse that I picked up for $1

I had one of the best treasure hunting days yesterday, if I do say so! I hope you enjoy looking at all my lovely goodies that I found!

Happy hunting,
Crystal