Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My read of the week

I am an avid reader. I constantly search for the next good read and can go through MANY books in a month. I am not really picky as to my genres of books that I read, and like several different categories including: thrillers, sci-fi, chick lit, paranormal, classic literature, steampunk, fantasy, historical fiction and non-fiction, autobiographies, and even young adult fiction.

Some of my most favorite authors, in no particular order, include: Philippa Gregory, Charlaine Harris, Richelle Mead, Rachel Caine, P.C. Cast, Stephanie Meyer, Seth Graham-Smith, MaryJanice Davidson, Lauren Kate, Steve Hockensmith, Christopher Paolini, Anne Rice, Margaret Mitchell, Jane Austen, Edith Wharton, any of the Bronte sisters, Nicholas Sparks, Gigi Levangie-Grazer, Kate Chopin, Edgar Allan Poe, Ernest Hemingway, Alyson Noel, Donald McCaig, and DeeAnne Gist.

Reading is my ultimate hobby and my stress outlet. When I read a book, I can get lost in the language and travel to another world. It's no lie that I have tons and tons of books, both printed and electronic (I love my Kindle!), and love the Goodreads site that I'm a member of and the Paper Back Swap club that I belong to.

Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.

So, to share with you my current read for this week, I have started Robert Goolrick's A Reliable Wife, (ISBN 9781565129771). This novel follows the lives of a well-to-do older gentleman in the early 19th century who places an ad for a reliable wife, one that is demure and god-fearing. What he doesn't know, is that she has a hidden agenda which includes marrying the man and killing him inconspicuously, all to become a wealthy widow. However, what she doesn't know is that he has a plan all of his own and their lives become intertwined as they both never dreamed.



I am very excited to read this book and hope it will be as wonderful as it sounds!

Cheers, Crystal