Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Vintage Look: For Your Home

I believe that vintage finds shouldn't just be for your wardrobe or your awesome sense of fashion, but in your home as well. Over the years, I have attempted to locate and acquire vintage pieces which were in need of a home and that possessed that something extra which would look wonderful in the house. While I don't have a frivolous budget to spend on the many vintage pieces I adore, I have found that saving your money for a few quality pieces and purchasing them in the right place can do wonders.

More often than not, I will peruse the local antique stores in the area to see if they have anything that catches my eye. This could range from art work to decor to furniture pieces to kitchen appliances. Over the weekend I found several lovely items at a few antique stores which would work well in my home. While I didn't purchase them yet, I have added them to my vintage wish-list (which seems to grow longer and longer each year).

There are sometimes a few unexpected places that you can find vintage treasures to fill your home with. I often visit estate sales and auctions for pieces that might just need a little work and tender loving care. Yard sales are also sometimes a vintage lover's holy grail, where you can find a beautiful piece that has been stored away for years and years in pristine condition, which can be bought at a decent price.

I never know when or where I'm going to find my next deal on a vintage item that just has to come home with me, so always keep your eyes open for opportunities to acquire a new vintage piece that you will love for years to come!


A lovely vintage radio in a favorite Antiques store of mine


A wonderful vintage settee that I would love to have!


A set of vintage toile china that I really, really want!


A vintage record player and cabinet that would look wonderful in my home!

Happy vintage hunting, Crystal