Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My weekend fun: Springtime planting!

This past weekend had wonderful, warm and sunny weather on Saturday and Sunday, so we made a trip to our local Lowe's home improvement store and stocked up on some beautiful plants, flowers, trees and shrubs for the back yard. Our backyard and front yard is always a constant work in progress, but I love adding to the flowers and trees each year and sprucing things up, so this year will be no exception!

We picked up some gorgeous red cedar planter boxes and a matching arbor. We also picked up some white picket fencing to put around the patio in the backyard. I planted some clematis vines at the base of the arbor which should look beautiful by next year. I was also lucky to find some dahlia bulbs, flowering almond bushes, and a dwarf bing cherry tree. You can check out the rest of the snapshots I took on Photobucket by clicking here.

A new plant that I picked up for the backyard. I can't remember the name!

My new arbor over the patio walkway adjoining the backyard. I also strung up some patio lights on it.

The cherry blossoms in our front yard

Some of our daffodils in the front yard

Happy Gardening, Crystal